Dalla is what you’d call a practical shopper. She rarely buys stuff from the usual shops in the malls, opting instead to use her ingenuity and resourcefulness scouring thrift stores (or tiangge as we Filipinos call it) and has secret insider info on scoring discounted designer gems, one of which is a shop called Moody https://www.facebook.com/
This unique shopping habit made her a good subject for SOS–that and her equally unapologetic approach to fashion. This woman is fearless in her choices! Never minding the curious looks and comments from her peers made me want to highlight it all the more. For this feature however, I challenged her to tone down her usually flamboyant style while still staying true to her aesthetic. I advised her to think less is sometimes more, taught her the value of proportion for her petite frame, unexpected color combinations and how to wear print without going over the top. The result? A more directional, streamlined, sophisticated look with punches of whimsy and quirk here and there. Everyone happy!
1. Casual chic. A white shirt and jeans ensemble is as classic and timeless as it gets. Adding a vibrant scarf brings it to another level.
2. Workwear. A relaxed pant silhouette is made office-appropriate by way of tailored blazer and seriously fun shoes.
3. Event. Grab the chance to play around and have fun with dressing up but keep proportions in check. Fitted top, flared bottom, high heels.
4. Formal. All-black is always chic–keep it interesting by injecting texture, like a lace skirt and embellished sandals.
5. Day to night. Neutral, almost monochromatic separates easily transcends from the boardroom to happy hour. Just add bling!
6. Date. A pretty shift dress paired with a bright, fun shoe is a recipe for a romantic night.
Coincidentally, I wasn’t getting the right shot for this photo and was worried we were losing light. Like a knight in shining armor, her boyfriend Romain was walking home (towards us) and Dalla sees him across the street. This was her reaction. Priceless!